RRA_NYTI-01.jpg
UVA_023.jpg
PS149 storytime.jpg
01 Williamsburg.interior.jpg
NYIT Wall Photos 006.jpg
RRA_NYTI-01.jpg

NY Institute of Technology


NY Institute of Technology

7 Floors of Classrooms  • Lounges • Academic Offices

SCROLL DOWN

NY Institute of Technology


NY Institute of Technology

7 Floors of Classrooms  • Lounges • Academic Offices


 

A 50,000sf expansion to the NY Institute of Technology

(NYIT) Manhattan Campus includes academic spaces, offices, student services, and lounge spaces for various faculties. The new facility occupies the bottom 6 stories of a residential tower, which were completely gutted, and changes made to circulation and egress for the new educational use.


UVA_023.jpg

UVA Library


University of Virginia Library

Special Collection • 4-Story Interior • Jeffersonian Style

UVA Library


University of Virginia Library

Special Collection • 4-Story Interior • Jeffersonian Style


 

RRA designed the interiors of the new Jeffersonian-style

62,000sf library designed by Hartman Cox Architects. The program included a 226 person auditorium, reading rooms, studies, seminar and conference rooms, an academic research and conservation center and exhibit spaces including the Declaration of Independence Room housing Jefferson’s papers and the Treasure Room. The globe-shaped pendant lighting fixture that dominates the elliptical stairwell is also specially designed to allude to the library as a historical center of knowledge and discovery. The interior finishes, custom light fixtures, furniture and signage were all designed and selected to respect the rich tradition context and weight of the historical documents but with modern comfort and simplicity in mind.


PS149 storytime.jpg

P.S. 149 Library


Sojourner Truth Library

P.S. 149 Library • Custom Interior • Non-Profit Client

P.S. 149 Library


Sojourner Truth Library

P.S. 149 Library • Custom Interior • Non-Profit Client


 

The Robin Hood Foundation has been successfully

funding public projects for years. Their latest project consists of bringing together nine award wining Architects to redesign nine public school libraries across the city. The primary goal is to bring top quality design to the public realm and by producing a range of interesting school libraries in New York, to then spread this concept throughout 600 public schools across the country. Ronnette Riley Architect was chosen to redesign the 2200 sf. Library space of Public School 149/207 in the district of Harlem. The brief required the chosen architect to design a   modern day kid’s library containing a reading area, writing area and a multimedia center. Given that the floor plan was rectangular, the design solution would have to deal with creating these different spaces whilst still maintaining the feeling of unity. 


01 Williamsburg.interior.jpg

Williamsburg Daycare


Williamsburg Daycare

Sustainable Interiors • Age-Specific Classrooms • Play Areas

 

 

Williamsburg Daycare


Williamsburg Daycare

Sustainable Interiors • Age-Specific Classrooms • Play Areas

 

 


 

Working with NYC's Dept of Design & Construction

RRA conducted topic specific interviews with project end-users, active p… in this process. RRA analyzed the project’s cost, efficiency, constructability and schedule. This project was designed before LEED certification was created. The design called for many innovative and sustainable materials we priced ahead of the bid process to help control costs.


NYIT Wall Photos 006.jpg

NYIT de Seversky


NYIT de Seversky Mansion

Historic Restoration • Award-Winning Masonry • Landscape Design

NYIT de Seversky


NYIT de Seversky Mansion

Historic Restoration • Award-Winning Masonry • Landscape Design


 

NYIT de Seversky Mansion & Gardens, originally built

for industrialist, financier and philanthropist Alfred I. Du Pont. He commissioned architect Thomas Hastings of Carrere & Hastings in 1916 to design “White Eagle”, a residence in what became known from the turn of the century through the 1930s as Long Island’s Gold Coast. Located on the North Shore, it was a mecca for New York’s wealthiest and most prominent.  Completed in 1918 at a cost of $1.1 million, it needed a staff of 29 to maintain. In 1921, with the sudden death of his second wife for whom the house was built, the estate was sold in auction for $470,000 to Henry Phipps, the Carnegie Steel Company partner, for his daughter Mrs. (Amy Phipps) Frederick Guest, who renamed it “Templeton”.  The property remained in the Guest family until 1972 when it was acquired by NYIT and renamed in honor of Russian aviator Alexander de Seversky, an NYIT Board of Trustees member instrumental in the acquisition.